DAMN I'M SMOOTH

So over a month ago I bought myself an Oster brand smoothie maker to make smoothies. Its like a Magic Bullet but 1/3 the price because I'm a cheap ass. It has worked quite well, for the whole 2 smoothies I made and then used the to go bottle for the AdvoCare Spark I drink.

Well today it is 75 degrees out and lately I have been in the mood to buy a bunch of fruits and veggies just to let them go bad in the fridge because for some reason it's just too much work to get all of them out, put them in a bowl, then sit and eat them 3 meals a day to lose weight. I decided if I can prepare meals for my family, make snacks for my kids, then I can make myself a daily smoothie and enjoy all my daily fruits and veggies in one sitting then return to my regularly scheduled laziness.

This was a pretty great plan so far. There is no true recipe to what I made today but it is mighty tasty so I figured I'd share what I made today.

INGREDIENTS:
1 apple
1 orange
a small handful of almonds
1/2 a banana
a big handful of spinach
a few strawberries
some grapes- any will do but I used green
1/4 cup of milk, maybe 1/3

First I put the almonds in the smoothie maker to grind them up. Then I added the milk and spinach to get those into a very fine mixture. I let that run while I peeled the orange and cut up the apple. You know the rest... Just start throwin that shit in bit by bit and add a splash of milk if it looks too thick. All together it made about 16 oz. I also decided to add a small squeeze of honey and lots of cinnamon. DELICIOUS! And all for an estimated 300 calories.

This is a great meal that is super dessert-like. I'm also going to go for some home made Cliff Bar knock offs, well because deep down I'm a big kid that would rather snack and run than sit for a whole meal and eat foods that suggest unhealthy tastes as opposed to those healthy ones.

Maybe I'll get on those Cliff Bars tomorrow and carry this obsessive snacking for a week and I'll get back to see how much weight I've lost. Did I mention this is my weekend off and we're planning a bonfire? Well, this my friends has made me so full I couldn't at all eat another bite. We'll see how long this sticks with me. Later kiddos! (Oh by the way,is the title is ironically misleading?)



Author

Written by Admin

Aliquam molestie ligula vitae nunc lobortis dictum varius tellus porttitor. Suspendisse vehicula diam a ligula malesuada a pellentesque turpis facilisis. Vestibulum a urna elit. Nulla bibendum dolor suscipit tortor euismod eu laoreet odio facilisis.

0 comments: